Day 1: CUSCO - CANCHACANCHA
- We pick you up from your hotel and travel by bus for approximately 2 hours to Huarán (2840 masl / 9317 feet), a small town in the Sacred Valley, which is the beginning of our trip.
- At this point we will meet our muleteer who is in charge of the mules, it is here where the beautiful walk through the lush valley begins, following the ascending route of the Canchacancha River.
- It will take us approximately 5 hours to reach the picturesque town of the same name where we will set up our camp for the night (3800 meters above sea level / 12467 feet).
Day 2: CANCHACANCHA – PACHACÚTEC LAKE
- After breakfast, we will begin our ascending march towards the Pachacutec Pass (4458 m.s.n.m / 14625 feet) the highest point of the way.
- From here you have spectacular views of snow-capped mountains such as Pitusiray, Lake Pachacutec and the surrounding valleys.
- After the pass, we will continue on our way and descend through the next valley to reach the town of Quiswarani (3700 m.s.n.m / 12138 feet) where we will spend the night.
- Along the route, the landscape becomes impressive – you can see glacial lakes, waterfalls and snow-capped mountains. This area is also rich in bird species and there is the possibility of observing the Andean Ibis, Andean geese among others.
Day 3: HUILLQUIJASA - LARES
- We will have breakfast and begin the ascent to reach the Huillquijasa Pass (4,200 m.s.n.m / 13,779 feet), the second highest point on the way.
- The views are impressive and even more so the climb! After this, we will descend towards the town of Cuncani, passing through some beautiful turquoise lakes along the way.
- We will continue descending after Cuncani until we reach the thermal baths of Lares. We will spend the night in a nearby camp (3860 m.s.n.m / 12663 ft).
Day 4: LARES – SACRED VALLEY
- After breakfast, we will spend the entire morning enjoying the hot springs, a well deserved reward after the hike.
- From Lares we will take a bus to the Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo) from where you can return to Cusco (finishing your trip) or continue by train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night.
Day 5: MACHUPICCHU
- After breakfast we will take the bus to Machupicchu and thus be able to appreciate the magnificent citadel.
- A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) will be given by your guide and afterwards you will have time to explore the mysterious citadel on your own.
- You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes, you will be given your train ticket back to Cusco.
- End of the program.
- The train schedule will be confirmed once your reservation is made.