Day 1: CUSCO – MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Pick up from the hotel at 5.00 a.m. to go to the Poroy train station.
- We will take the train that will take us to km. 104 of the Cusco – Machupicchu railway line, the starting point of our walk, where we will arrive around 10:00 a.m.
- We will visit the archaeological site of Chachabamba (2150 m.s.n.m.), located very close to the control point and we will start an 8 km uphill hike. for approximately 4 hours, towards the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2700 m.s.n.m.). This is an impressive archaeological complex made up of an agricultural sector with numerous platforms, a religious sector and an urban sector.
- On the way we will have magnificent views of the Urubamba river valley and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex, located on the left bank of the river, as well as a beautiful waterfall located a few minutes from Wiñaywayna.
- Later, we will continue towards the Intipunku or Puerta del Sol, after approximately 1 hour of walking through a stretch of stone slabs on the edge of precipices in a landscape bordering on the jungle. From this fabulous place we will see for the first time the sacred city of Machupicchu (2450 m.s.n.m.), to which we will descend in approximately 40 minutes, arriving at the top of the "House of the Guardians" and then descending to the starting point to take our bus to Aguas Calientes (25 minutes).
- Accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel.
Day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
- We will pick you up early from the hotel to take a bus to Machupicchu, where we will begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will last approximately 2 hours.
- Later, they will have free time to explore the city, ascend the Waynapicchu mountain, from where they have spectacular views of Machupicchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon and the impressive Inca Bridge.
- Our meeting place in the afternoon will be the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can optionally visit and relax in its hot springs.
- In the afternoon we will take the train to the city of Cusco, where we will arrive late at night.
- End of the program.
* Departure and arrival times are approximate.